The trustees of the Honeoye Falls-Lima Education Fund look forward to supporting the legacy of excellence associated with our students and staff. The purpose of the program is to spark continued innovation in our schools and to give teachers the opportunity to use their creativity to supplement our tradition of excellence by creating new opportunities for teaching and learning by funding items/ideas that are not funded through the normal school budget.
Grant applications are reviewed by a committee of the Education Fund Trustees at the end of each application cycle to see if the submitted proposals meet the goals and mission of the District. The Education Fund will announce grant application dates to teachers via District email and the HF-L Education Fund website.
Grant Committee: Lisa Moosbrugger, Tracie Mustardo, Drew Costanza, Nick Norvell, and Mike McDougall
The committee considers the following criteria when evaluating applications:
- Are the objectives clearly stated?
- Are the methods, required materials, resources, personnel, tentative schedule and completion date specified?
- Is the budget request reasonable and sufficiently explained?
- Is the project “innovative”?
- Does the application meet the Education Fund’s criteria?
Based on the committee’s recommendations, the Education Fund will take one of three actions:
- Approve the application for funding
- Return the application with suggestions for resubmission
- Reject the application